Admin Block (Main Campus)

Also known as A-BLOCK, the admin block was inaugurated in 1946. Built in Indo-gothic architectural style, this expansive block gives the entire campus a most old-world majestic look and feel.

The building can be seen from many parts of the city as it is situated atop a hill.

Currently, the A-Block plays host to

  • UG Office
  • Principal’s chambers
  • Faculties of arts, languages and computer applications (UG)
  • Registrar’s office
  • UG Library
  • Radio Sarang 107.8 FM
  • Television studio of MA (Journalism and Mass Communication) and
  • St. Aloysius Evening College.

The current edifice was built in two phases – the left portion was inaugurated in 1946 and in 1980, the centenary year, and the right portion was formally inaugurated by Sri Sanjeeva Reddy, the then President of India.