Dr Prakash Kamath K
Associate Professor and Dean of Physical Sciences
Department of Physics, St Aloysius College (Autonomous), Mangaluru 575003
Email Id: email@example.com
Phone Number: 9844032104
1. PhD in Physics: Mangalore University in year 2012
Ph.D Thesis “Synthesis, Crystal structure and Third Order NLO studies of some organic crystals”
2. M.Phil in Physics: Mangalore University in year 1997
3. M.Sc in Physics: Mangalore University in year 1985
Area of Research presently engaged in
Crystal structure studies of chalcone crystals.
Minor Research Project
UGC funded Minor research project entitled “Synthesis and crystal structure studies of chalcones”
Date of sanction: 23-09-2013
Date of completion: 11-08-2015
1. (2E)-3-(3-bromophenyl)-1- (4-chloro-phenyl)prop-2en-1-one:a non merohedral twin,Acta Cryst.E65,o1915,2009.
2. (E)-1-(4-Bromophenyl)-3-(2-methoxy-phenyl)prop-2en-1-one,Acta Cryst. E66 ,o1995,2010.
3. (2E)-1-(1,3-Benzodioxol-5-yl)-3-(2-bromophenyl)prop-2en-1-one,Acta Cryst. E66 ,o1290,2010.
4. Investigation of third order nonlinear optical properties of conjugated benzodioxal derivatives,Optics and Laser technology 42,1162-1166,2010.
5. 5,7 –dimethyl-2,3-dih,ydro-1h-1,4-diazepin-4-ium picrate,Acta Cryst. E66 ,o1187-o1188,2010.
6. 2 amino-4- methoxy—6-methylpyrimidin-1-ium picrate Acta Cryst. E66 ,o1189-o1190,2010.
Resource Person / Guest Lectures delivered
1. Training in PC hardware for high school students at St Aloysius high school on 05-08-2011.
2. Physics for High school teachers at Regional science centre , Pilikula on 26-12-2014.
3. Training for High school teachers of Dakshina Kannada and Udupi districts on account of Science day celebration on 28-02-2016 at Regional science centre , Pilikula.
4. Training program in Science Model making for technical staff of Science centres of Karnataka on 03-09-2016 at Regional science centre, Pilikula.
Short-term courses attended
1. UGC sponsored refresher course in Physics from 06th oct to 26th oct 1986 at Madurai kamaraj University.
2. Short term course on PC maintenance at NTTF, Bangalore, from 17th Dec to 22nd Dec 1990.
3. UGC sponsored refresher course in Physics from 21st June to 11th July 1987 at Rawenshaw College, Orissa.
4. UGC sponsored refresher course in Physics from 2nd April to 23 May 1996 at Mangalore University.
5. UGC sponsored refresher course in Physics from 2nd April to 8 May 1998 at Mangalore University.
1. Association of physics teachers of Mangalore university silver jubilee lecture at St Aloysius College on 09-08-2010.
2. One day seminar on “Research Methodology” at St Aloysius College on 08-10-2010.
3. Autonomy –Concepts, issues and challenges at St Aloysius college on 23rd and 24th Dec 2010.
4. Two days national level workshop on ”Nano EEB”at St Aloysius college on 14rd and 15th Dec 2010.
5. One day national level workshop on “Astronomy and Astro Physics” at Poornprajna college, Udupi on 07-01- 2011.
6. Two days national level workshop on “Radiation Physics” at St Aloysius college on 19rd and 20thAugust 2011.
7. One day seminar on “Probiotics and bio-chemistry” at St Aloysius college on 17-02-2012.
8. One day seminar on “Nano technology” at St Aloysius College on 24-02-2012.
9. Two days seminar on “Nanoscience” at MITE, Moodabidri on 18th and 19th October 2013.
10. Two days State level workshop on “Nuclear energy” at St Aloysius college on 12rd and 13th Dec 2013.
11. One day AIFUCTO conference at St Aloysius College on 30-11-2013.
12. One day seminar on “Crystallography” at St Aloysius College on 16-12-2014.
13. One day state level lecture workshop titled “Saga of Light” at St Aloysius College, Mangalore on 14-12-2015.
14. Coordinator for one day workshop entitled “Innovations in medical instrumentation” at St Aloysius College, Mangalore on 05-02-2016.
15. Two days workshop on “Physics of musical instruments” at St Aloysius College, Mangalore on 16th and 17th December 2016.
Membership on Academic Bodies
1. Member of Association of Physics teachers of Mangalore University
2. Member of science innovation hub at regional science centre Pilikula.