Dr Narayan Bhat M
Department of Physics, St Aloysius College (Autonomous), Mangaluru 575003
Email Id: email@example.com
Phone Number: 9480346553
Ph.D Mangalore University – 2003
Subject : Studies on some novel nonlinear optical materials
M.Sc. in Physics, Government Brennen College, Thellicherry, Calicut University -1987
P.G.D.C.A – St. Aloysius College, Institute of Computer Science, Xavier Board of computer Education – 1992.
P.G.D.C.A – St. Aloysius College, Mangalore, Mangalore University – 1992
Area of Research presently engaged in: Studies on the UV ray blocking capacity of oils, Dye sensitised solar cells
Major/Minor Research Project
1. Growth and characterisation of Organic crystals
Sanctioning Authority: UGC, Year of Sanction: 2005, Year of completion: 2007
2. Glycine Based materials for NLO applications
Sanctioning Authority: UGC, Year of Sanction: 2013, Year of completion: 2015
1. M.Narayan Bhat, S.M.Dharmaprakash 2002- New nonlinear optical materials: Glycine sodium nitrate, Journal of crystal growth, volume 235, 511-516.
2. M.Narayan Bhat, S.M.Dharmaprakash 2002 – Growth of nonlinear optical -glycine crystals, Journal of crystal growth, volume 236, 376-380.
3. M.Narayan Bhat, S.M.Dharmaprakash 2002- Effect of solvents on the growth morphology and physical characteristics of -glycine crystals, Journal of crystal growth, volume 242, 245-252.
4. M.Narayan Bhat, S.M.Dharmaprakash 2002 – Growth of organic nonlinear optical crystal-hippuric acid, Journal of crystal growth, volume243, 526-530.
5. Jayalakshmi, M.A.Shridhar, J.Shashidhar Prasad, M.Narayana Bhat, S.M. Dharma prakash, 2003 – Synthesis, growth and characterization of sodium coordinated glycine-NLO material, Journal of molecular crystals and liquid crystals, volume 393, 95-103.
6. M.Narayan Bhat, S.M.Dharmaprakash, 2002- New semiorganic material for optical second harmonic generation: Glycine sodium nitrate, Journal of optics, Volume 31, 159-167.
Other books & Articles
1. A Textbook of Physics for First Year Pre University
2. A Textbook of Physics for Second Year Pre University
3. Physics- A Reference Book for CET
4. Questions and Answers Book for NCERT syllabus based syllabus
Research Presentations in seminars
International conference on sustainable Energy Technologies, Dyesensitised solar cells using touch screen Panels, held at PSG college of Technology, Coimbattore on December 11-13, 2014
Resource Person / Guest Lectures delivered
Self Analysis Integral Formation Programme; St Aloysius College Mangalore Mangalore, July 1-2, 2014
Short-term courses attended
1. Refresher course on contemporary Physics and Instrumentation, held at Mangalore University from 16th October to 6th November 1993.
2. Refresher course in Physics held at Mangalore University from 15th April to 8th May 1998.
3. Workshop on neutrons as probes of condensed matter-structure of crystalline materials held at Babha Atomic Research centre, Mumbai from 17th November to 3rd December 1999.
4. International school on Crystal Growth Methods and Processes held at Crystal Growth Centre, Anna University Chennai from 24th January to 4th February 2000.
5. First SERC School on Nonlinear optical and Laser Materials held at Indian Institute of Science Bangalore from 22nd June to 8th July 2000.
6. Refresher course in Physics and Material Science held at Mangalore University from 16th October to 8th November 2000.
7. Refresher course Physics held at University of Madras from 19th February to 11th March 2003.
8. Project on characterization of silver Nanostructure deposited on composite polymer films and fabrication of TiO2 nanotubes by electrochemical technique held at KTH, Stockholm, Sweden from April15th to May 31 2009.
1. Attended Effective communication and Basic Counselling held at Bangalore on 20th May to 31st May 1990.
2. Attended a Short term course on DBASE III plus and Lotus 1-2-3 held at St Agnes college, Mangalore on 20th November 1990 to 16th January 1991
3. Attended a Workshop on OP-Amps and Communication Engineering held at Canara Centre for continuing Education on 2nd July to 6th July 1994.
4. Attended a Workshop on New PUC syllabus held at St. Aloysius College, Mangalore on 9th September to 13th September 1996.
5. Attended a Workshop on neutrons as probes of condensed matter-structure of crystalline materials held at Babha Atomic Research centre, Mumbai on 17th November to 3rd December 1999.
6. Attended a TWO day workshop on Nanotechnology held at NIT Calicut on 23rd and 24th February 2008.
7. Attended Recent trends in Science held at Shreenivasa College of Engineering on 16th January 2009.
8. Attended a seminar on emerging multidisciplinary trends in Nano science and technology held at P.C. Jabin science college Hubli on 9th and 10th February 2009.
9. Attended a “Nanoscience and Technology” held at Yenepoya University campus, Mangalore on 23rd and 24th March 2009.
10. Attended an International workshop on ‘Applications of Nanotechnology to Energy, Environments and Biotechnology” held at St Aloysius college, Mangalore on 14th to 16th December 2010.
11. Attended an International seminar on Vedas: The source of science and culture-A universal approach held at Canara First Grade College, Mangalore on 15th to 17th December 2011.
12. Attended a Seminar on Nanotechnology, The ultimate solution to energy Challenges held at St Aloysius College, Mangalore on 24 February 2012.
13. Attended Challenging Area in Science and Technology held at Mangalore Institute of technology and Engineering on 21st, 22nd March 2012.
14. Attended Nano Science and Technology held at Mangalore Institute of Technology & amp;
Engineering, Moodabidri on 18, 19 October 2013.
15. Attended Nuclear Energy for a better society: An awareness programme on the positive
effects of Nuclear Energy held at St Aloysius college, Mangalore on 12, 13 December 2013.
16. Attended National seminar on X ray crystallography held at St Aloysius College, Mangalore on 16 December 2014.
17. Attended an International conference on sustainable Energy Technologies held at PSG college of Technology, Coimbattore on 11 to 13 December 2014.
18. Attended Innovations in Medical Instrumentation held at St Aloysius College, Mangalore on 5 February 2016.
19. Attended a National level workshop on Physics of Musical Instruments held at St Aloysius College, Mangalore on 16 and 17 December 2017.
Membership on Academic Bodies
Member of Association of Physics Teachers, Mangalore University