Milestones (1880 Onward)



1880 January 12, College Established
1882 Affiliated to Madras University
1885     First building on Idyah Hill (High School Building)
1900 Red Building
1901 Chapel paintings completed by Bro. Moscheni SJ
1905 Silver Jubilee
1908 Hostels and Boarding House
1930 Golden Jubilee
1945 Administrative Block Started
1949 Administrative Block Inaugurated
1950 Aloyseum - College Museum
1955 Affiliated to Karnatak University
1956 Affiliated to Mysore University
1964 College Auditoium - Gelge Hall
1969 Staff Quarters
1979 First PG Program: PGDBM
1980 Centenary Year
Konakni Institute
Laboratory of Applied Biology
1982 Aloysian Boys Home
1985 Aloysius Institute of Computer Science (AICS)
1986 Admission to Lady Students
1987 IGNOU Study Centre
1999 First PG Degree - MCA
2001 PUC and Degree Programs Bifurcated
2003 Maffei Centre for PG Studies &IT 
Xavier Block of Science & Research
 UG Ladies Hostel
2005 First cycle of NAAC Accreditation
2007 Granted Autonomy by UGC
2009 “College with Potential for Excellence” by the University Grants Commission
2010 Second Cycle of NAAC Accreditation
2012 Karnataka State Government sanctioned “BTFS Finishing School”.
2013 St Aloysius Gets Community College Status
2015 Third Cycle of NAAC Accreditation. Awarded “A” Grade with a CGPA of 3.62.
College Selected as DDU Kaushal Kendra by Government of India
2016 “Star College” status conferred by the DBT, Government of India upgraded to “Star Status”

Autonomy Renewed for Another Five Years
Karnataka Government Sanctions “BiSEP” [Biotechnology Skill Enhancement Program]
Submitted Proposal to UGC for Deemed-to-be-University Status

2018 University Inspection Team Visit