Provincial, Karnataka Jesuit Province
President, Mangalore Jesuit Educational Society (MJES)
• Born on May 9, 1965 as the last child of the late Marcel D'Souza.
• Originally belonged to Modankap parish but presently his family stay in Mogarnad Parish.
• Graduated from St Aloysius College
• Joined the Society of Jesus on 20 June 1984
• Ordained on 27 December 1999. Positions held:
• Vocation Promoter at Loyola Pre-Novitiate
• Director of St Joseph’s College of Business Administration
• Director of Jesuit Nivas, St Joseph’s College Residence,
• Vice President of BJES- Bangalore.
• Rector of St Joseph’s Indian High School Intuitions
• Administrator of St Joseph’s College of Commerce, Bangalore,
• Vice Principal and lecturer in Kannada in St Aloysius College, Mangalore,
• Administrator of St Aloysius Evening College, Mangalore,
• Superior, Ashakiran, Mangalore and Director, Loyola Pre-novitiate, Mangalore. Education:
• M A in Kannada from Bangalore University in 1996
• PhD in Kannada from Mangalore University
Rev. Fr Dionysius Vaz, SJ
Rector, St Aloysius Institutions
Vice President, Mangalore Jesuit Educational Society - MJES
Primary and secondary education at St Aloysius College Institutions from 1969 to 1981.
Graduated in Science from the college in 1997.
Obtained M.A. in Sociology.
Joined the Society of Jesus in 1981.
Philosophy Studies from JDV, Poona
Theology Studies at Vidyajyothi, Delhi.
Ordained a Priest on April 14, 1997.
Designated Vocation Promoter and Director at Loyola prenovitiate from 1996-1999
Pursued Pastoral Counseling at Loyola University, Maryland, USA from 2000-2002
Former Novice Master at Mount St Joseph for seven years from 2004- 2011
Former Head of the Jesuit Mission in Vijayapura, North Karnataka and Mission Superior from 2011 to 2016.
Rev Dr Praveen Martis, SJ
Born on 20 May, 1974 in Shankerpura of Udupi District
Early education at St John’s Educational Institutions, Shankerpura
Pre-University from St Mary’sPU College, Shirva,
B Sc from St Aloysius College, Mangalore.
Masters in Chemistry from St Joseph’s College, Bangalore.
PhD from the department of Chemistry and electrochemistry of surfaces, University of Namur for his thesis: Multiwalled Carbon Nanotubes Decorated with Metal Nanocrystals and Incorporated into Metal Matrices.
He has more than 15 publications in very reputed International Journals with high impact factor.
Correspondent and student counselor at St Joseph’s Evening College, Bengaluru.
Lecturer in Chemistry in 2007 at St Joseph’s Bengaluru.
Director of Post Graduate studies and research at St Joseph’s, Bengaluru
Rector and Principal of St Joseph’s Autonomous College, Bengaluru
Vice Principal, Campus Minister and Director of DDU Kaushal Kendra
Dr A M Narahari
Dr A M Narahari is an outstanding educationist and administrator and has the distinction of being appointed the first Registrar of St Aloysius College (Autonomous) by the management.
Former Dean, Faculty of Commerce
Joined the college on 24-7-1978
Qualification: M Com, LLB,M Phil., PhD
Master Facilitator in Human Resource Development, Certificate awarded by Aim Insights College for Leadership and Human Resource Development (CLHRD), Mangalore, affiliated to Mangalore University
Former Member, State Council for Higher Education, Government of Karnataka
Former President, Federation of University and College Teachers’ Associations in Karnataka (FUCTAK)
Former member, Mangalore University Senate and Academic Council
Former member, Mangalore Stock Exchange
Presented papers, written articles in the print and given programmes in TV on issues concerning education, finance, politics and society
Associated with several committees set up by Government of Karnataka & Mangalore University including the committee to introduce credit based semester system